Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve got answers to the most frequently asked questions about ICON Park.
How long is a flight on The Wheel
The duration of the flight is a little less than 20 minutes.
How many guests are allowed per capsule on The Wheel?
Each capsule is limited to 10 guests.
Once I leave The Wheel, am I able to re-enter?
Admission to The Wheel is for one flight per person. After your flight, you may purchase another flight within the same day for a discounted rate.
What if the The Wheel closes due to weather?
All tickets during a weather closure are valid for 30 days. Please come back at any time within that window to experience a flight. If you are unable to return, please email us with the date of your visit, the reason you are unable to return, and your confirmation number (if applicable). For our current operational status, call: 407-601-7907
Are wheelchairs allowed on The Wheel?
Wheelchairs less than 36″ in width are permitted.
How do we reach someone at ICON Park?
You can reach a member of The Wheel at ICON Park team here. For questions specific to individual tenants, we recommend reaching out to them directly.
How can I request the lighting of The Wheel?
Lighting requests must be submitted through our ICON Park website form. Gender reveal inquiries should be directed to our guest services team at 407-601-7907 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I request a donation from The Wheel?
Donation requests can be emailed to our Guest Services department. Please find additional information on requirements here prior to sending your request.
Ticket + Booking Help
How long is my ticket good for?
Tickets for The Wheel at ICON Park purchased directly from us are valid for 365 days from date of purchase unless otherwise mentioned. For example the Play Pass is only valid for 30 days after date of purchase.
If I book a combo (multi-attraction) ticket, do I have to visit all the attractions in the same day?
No! Combo tickets are valid for 30 days after your first attraction visit and you can choose to visit the attractions in any order you like. The ICON Park Play Pass is valid for 30 days after date of purchase.
I did not receive a confirmation email or tickets, what can I do?
First check your spam or junk folders. Still can’t find them? We’ve got you: look up tickets.
What do I do if I have lost my ticket or email confirmation?
Look up your order or show your ticket on your mobile device.
What do I do if I lose my Annual Pass?
If you lose your annual pass, stop by the Guest Services desk to have it reprinted.
What if my ticket expired during the temporary COVID-19 shutdown?
We certainty understand the uncertainty around the COVID-19 pandemic and have all your questions answered here.
Learn more about ICON Park and The Wheel’s operational adjustments including social distancing and increased cleaning protocols here.
For the safety of our guests, the carrying of firearms, weapons or combustible/flammable/explosive items of any kind into The Wheel is strictly prohibited.
The security procedures have been designed to ensure that all Guests enjoy their experience in a safe and enjoyable manner. All Guests are required to undergo a bag search before boarding. Same sex officers can be made available on request.
Banned Items: The following items may not be brought onto the The Wheel attraction or within the ICON Park complex:
- Recreational devices such as drones, remote control toys, skateboards, scooters, inline skates, shoes with built-in wheels.
- Alcoholic beverages not purchased at ICON Park, marijuana or any illegal substance.
- Strollers larger than 36″x 52″ (92cm x 132cm).
- Suitcases, coolers or backpacks, with or without wheels, larger than 24″ long x 15″ wide x 18″ high (61cm x 38cm x 46cm) on The Wheel.
- Any trailer-like object that is pushed or towed by an Electronic Conveyance Vehicle, wheelchair or stroller, or pulled by a person, including wagons.
- Wheeled mobility devices with less than 3 wheels or devices that cannot maintain stability and balance when stopped, unpowered or unoccupied. Training wheels or similar modifications are not permitted. Devices must be manually or electrically powered and operated at a walking pace. Devices should be single rider and not exceed 36″ (92cm) in width and 52″ (132cm) in length.
- Weapons of any kind or items which could be used as weapons
- Folding chairs.
- Large tripods and commercial-grade photography gear for purposes of commercial shooting without permission from ICON Park Media Relations.
- Glass containers (excluding small containers such as baby food jars).
- Pets or other animals, except approved service animals e.g., dogs and miniature horses. Service animals must remain on a physical leash or in a harness and under the control of the owner at all times. Under the ADA, service animals must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered, unless these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or the individual’s disability prevents using these devices. In that case, the individual must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or other effective controls. (More details in our Service Animal Policy.)
- Other items that we determine may be harmful or disruptive.
Can I bring my camera on The Wheel?
Yes; however, you will be asked to display your camera to our security team upon arrival, as certain lenses are prohibited. Please do not bring tripods or cameras with lenses exceeding 24” on board. We also have on-site photographers to capture your iconic memories. If you’ve already purchased photography, view it here.
Official Animal Policy
Dogs and miniature horses meeting the requirements for service animals under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) are welcome on The Wheel and at ICON Park. A service animal is a dog or miniature horse that is individually trained to do work or perform tasks for a person with a disability.
Service animals should remain on a physical leash or in a harness and under the control of the owner at all times.
For the safety of our Guests, pets, comfort animals or any other animals are not permitted within ICON Park and the The Wheel House. Pets shall not be left in cars during owner’s visitation to the complex.
Are discounted tickets available?
When you buy tickets online, you automatically save! The multi-attraction combo tickets and Play Pass are also significantly discounted. Additionally, we offer Florida Resident, Military, Teacher Passes and and special offers throughout the year that can be found here.
Lost + Found
How do I report a lost item?
Report lost or misplaced articles by clicking here. You may visit between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:00PM Monday through Friday. Found items are held for a maximum of 30 days. Anyone wishing to claim property at the lost and found area must provide a detailed description of the item, proof of ownership and valid ID or a Driver’s License.
Why the name change?
The new branding for The Wheel and ICON Park made sense as we introduce some key changes and position this iconic structure for the future.
Who manages ICON Park?
IDL Parent LLC.
Did Merlin sell The Orlando Eye?
Now known as The Wheel at ICON Park, our observation wheel was never owned by Merlin, only operated. The owners remain as IDL Parent LLC.
Does Merlin still run SEA LIFE Orlando Aquarium and Madame Tussauds Orlando?
Yes! Merlin continues to manage Madame Tussauds Orlando and SEA LIFE Orlando Aquarium.
What happens to the Awesomer Passes?
The Wheel will honor the Awesomer pass until the expiration date. However, new Awesomer Pass purchases will no longer have The Wheel included.
Visit Orlando's Easy to Access Entertainment Destination
- Enjoy free parking just steps from all the action
- Save online for the best deals and to fast track the lines
- Located minutes from I-4 & Beachline expressways on International Drive
- Delight in activities from 20 minutes rides on The Wheel to several hours experiencing the 40+ shops, restaurants and attractions