Orlando Magical Dining brings the best value for your money. More than a hundred restaurants participate in this month-long dining festivity. If you are planning on visiting Orlando to see the sights, you should also plan for an Orlando dining experience.
From August 23 to September 30, you can experience Orlando dining at its finest. George Aguel, President and CEO of Visit Orlando, noted that the Orlando Magical Dining program had become such a hit that people from all over the world were booking at least a month even before the event.
 Orlando is the destination for making memories, from family adventure parks to mouth-watering meals. Choose from sushi to pasta, to melt-in-your-mouth steaks then stay in one of the most comfortable and coziest hotel accommodations that can be found.
What You Need to Know About Visit Orlando – Magical Dining Orlando Florida
The Orlando Magical Dining Month is a month-long program with over a hundred Orlando restaurants participating.  During this Magical Dining Month, restaurants serve three-course dinners for a fixed price of only $35 for each person. What’s magical about this dining bonanza? For each meal that ordered, a dollar is donated to their choice of charity. Last year, the event chose Best Buddies as well as the Down Syndrome Association of Central Florida for their choice of house charities.
Best Buddies is a program where people who have intellectual and developmental disabilities can build a one-to-one friendship. The program is often found on school campuses across the country. With the help of participating diners, this program can continue its expansion. With regards to The Down Syndrome Association, the Association provides support to those who have Down Syndrome as well as their families.
The participation of diners and restaurants in the Orlando Magical Dining event helps build funds that these families can use during emergencies, therapy programs, and for medical needs that their insurance carriers do not cover. Participating restaurants are located in Disney Springs, Winter Park, Downtown, as well as the convention center area. The best part? These restaurants now offer a dining program where you can order vegetarian or vegan fare, as well as meals including foods that are ideal for gluten-free diets.
Details for this year’s Magical Dining Month in Orlando is still under wraps, but new restaurants are always joining the festivities. By subscribing to their newsletters, you’ll be kept abreast of the most current information.
Best Family-Style Restaurants
With all the remarkable restaurants to choose from in the Orlando area, it will be tough to find that one perfect restaurant. We have rounded up the best family-style restaurants that the whole family are sure to enjoy.
- Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse. Their menu covers the best of Southern Brazil dishes made from fresh ingredients that will be enjoyed by family and friends. From seasonal salads to imported meats, artisan bread, cheeses, and the freshest vegetables, you will not regret bringing the whole family here.
- Ale & Compass Restaurant. The dining Orlando experience is a must. If you feel like some New England comfort food while you are in the Walt Disney World Resort, drop by Ale & Compass. Their classic dishes are filled with fresh seafood that will melt deliciously in your mouth. Kids will love the friendly atmosphere here. The restaurant has a coastal theme, and the interior will make you feel that you are dining inside a lighthouse.
Best Themed Restaurants
Themed restaurants are also a favorite for guests who visit Orlando. Contact the restaurant ahead of time to see if they suggest making reservations, especially during peak season.
- T-Rex Café. The combination of education, entertainment, and a great menu is a huge hit with families. You’ll get an up-close look at dinosaurs, a and your children can learn more about them through their games. Of course, their food is worth sinking your teeth into. Your entire family will be excited to see what the T-Rex café is offering. 
- Hard Rock Café Orlando. The Hard Rock Café is a favorite dining place by music lovers who wish to be surrounded by memorabilia of music legends. From hand-painted posters of the Beatles to the custom guitar of Peter Townshend of The Who, you will be impressed with the display and vibe at the Hard Rock Café. Their dinner menu is worth checking out.
Best Romantic Restaurant
Are you looking for romance in Orlando? Here’s a couple of romantic restaurants to visit during Magical Dining Month Orlando, you will be spoiled for choices. Here are some options to consider:
- Hemingway’s Restaurant. Found at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, this restaurant is a go-to place for both locals and tourists who are within the area. Choose from a wide variety of wines. Sample their pairings of drinks as well as desserts. (Don’t miss out on their delicious Key Lime pie.) If you really wish to channel Ernest Hemingway, try the Papa Doble here. 
- Cuba Libre Restaurant. At the Cuba Libre, you can wine, dine, and dance to the lively beat of Latin music as the night sets in. You’ll feel that you are transported to Cuba with its cozy atmosphere and delicious food. The next time you are looking for spacious area restaurants, put this on your list to visit since there are plenty of rooms for you to move around to the beat of Latin music.
Best Steakhouse in Orlando
If you are wondering what steakhouses are included in Magical Orlando, you won’t run out of places to check out. Among the steakhouses that participated in the 2018 Magical Dining Month Orlando are:
- Morton’s The Steakhouse. If you venture down Sand Lake Road, and you wish to sample some great dining Orlando experience, then this steakhouse is the best place. Enjoy the atmosphere of an elegant interior while eating beautifully done steak served with your choice of wine. This is an experience that your palate will never forget while you are on vacation in Orlando.
- Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steakhouse. Another Orlando dining place that any steak lover will enjoy when they visit Orlando is Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steakhouse. Del Frisco takes pride in its American tradition when it comes to their steaks. Whether you wish to savor their dry aged steaks or their superb pairings of steaks and wine, you will find a truly remarkable dining Orlando Florida experience here. 
Best Disney Magical Dining Restaurants
If you are looking into the Orlando Magical Dining, you’ve probably checked out which restaurants in Walt Disney World usually join. Your visit to Orlando will not be complete without checking this tourist hotspot. Here are some Disney Magical Dining options that you may want to visit.
- Wine Bar George. George Miliotes, Master Sommelier, brings his wine expertise with his very own Wine Bar George. This is the only wine bar in Florida that is led by a Master Sommelier which makes this an exciting spot in your Orlando Magical Dining experience.
- STK Orlando. STK Orlando has joined the Magical Dining Month in Orlando which is located at Disney Springs. Here you can try some of the most delectable steaks in the area while taking the perfect opportunity to immerse yourself in their vibrant nightlife.
Getting Around Orlando’s Theme Parks
If you want to get the most out of your Orlando Magical Dining experience, why not get your own magical tickets Orlando to enjoy some of the most popular tourist destinations there?
Magical tickets Orlando help you get around the theme parks from the Citywalk in Universal Studios to Walt Disney World Resort and others. You can buy them online or buy them from the theme parks themselves to get your Orlando Magical adventure started.
Common FAQs for Orlando Magical Dining
- Which character meal is right for you? Don’t forget the character restaurants the participate in the Orlando Magical Dining Month. For families who want to get a brunch buffet, Chef Mickey’s Fun Time Buffet is an excellent choice. Aside from their tasty meals, you’ll also get to meet The Fab Five! If your kids are into royalty, Akershus Royal Banquet Hall Princess Storybook Dining is worth checking out. Here, your children can see storybook princesses for real.
- What bus services can you use in Magical Orlando? If you don’t want to drive but want to make sure you don’t miss Magical Orlando, local bus services can get you in and the surrounding areas in the city with ease. Lynx or Uber are also good options.
- Looking for a hotel near Disney World with a free shuttle? The Ramada Kissimmee Gateway is one option for families as it offers a free shuttle ride to Walt Disney World as well as SeaWorld. Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista offers kid suites among others, plus a free shuttle to theme parks such as Universal Orlando.
- What should you do after checking into your room? The first thing that you should do after you get into your hotel is to familiarize yourself with the area. This way you can start exploring sights such as the Universal Citywalk or try the restaurants included in Orlando Magical Dining.
- Where can you find a map of villa rental locations? The best place to find a map of villa rental locations in Orlando is online, but you can also check out VR360 where all available villa rentals can be found. Aside from that, you’ll also find easy routes and transports as well.
Orlando magical dining is truly a treat for your palate!
- Icon Park, https://iconparkorlando.com/venues/dining/
- Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining Month, Frequently Asked Questions, https://www.visitorlando.com/en/magical-dining/faq
- Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse, https://fogodechao.com/
- T-Rex Café, https://www.trexcafe.com/
- Hemingway’s Restaurant, https://www.hemingwaysorlando.com/
- Rosen Centre, A Highlight of Orlando’s Magical Dining Month: Fine Dining at Everglades Restaurant at Rosen Centre Hotel, https://www.rosencentre.com/a-highlight-of-orlandos-magical-dining-month-fine-dining-at-everglades-restaurant-at-rosen-centre-hotel/
- Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steakhouse, https://delfriscos.com/