Our List Of The Best Downtown Orlando Clubs
Whether you are just visiting Orlando or planning on staying in the city, you’ll find that both your days and nights will be filled with fun and exciting activities.
Orlando is not only known for its major theme parks, Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando, but it is also home to many shopping centers, world-class restaurants, attractions, museums, and an exciting bars and club scene.
If this is your first time in Orlando, make sure that you visit downtown Orlando where there are plenty of things to do day and night.
And if you are wondering what options to consider when the sun sets, you may be surprised to find that the nightlife here is bustling with activities as the bars and clubs come to life to accommodate party people, couples on dates, and even those who want to show some moves out on the dance floor.
You’ll find most of the nightlife scene located around Church Street and Orange Avenue, but there are other places you’ll want to know about too. So where should you start when you head out for the evening?
Best Downtown Orlando Clubs to Visit
Nightlife in Orlando is guaranteed to be an adventure not to be missed, whether you’re a tourist or a local. From hole-in-the-wall bars to rooftop nightclubs, you’ll find live music, dance scenes, and everything in between. Here are a few spots that you’ll want to check out while you’re in town.
- Aero Rooftop Bar & Lounge. One of the most popular hangouts in downtown Orlando, this bar gives that outdoor nightclub feel, especially when it’s almost midnight and the DJ breaks out his music in the DJ booth and the crowd begins to grow. Add neon lasers projecting into the sky and you’ll find it difficult not to join in high energy fun. There are great drink promotions like 2 for $1 shots before 11 in the evening. And if you need to take a break, grab one of the tables or sofas along the edges of the space.
- EVE nightclub. EVE Orlando features the main club room located upstairs that is beautifully decorated with a stunning glass chandelier above the main dance floor, TV screens, and an LED wall. Grab a VIP booth if you’re feeling V-I-P! Check out the 400 square foot balcony that overlooks bustling Orange Avenue below, and if you’ve had your fill of dancing, there’s a lounge downstairs where the music and the vibe are more laid-back. It’s easy to see why this is one of Orlando’s favorite spots. 
- TIER nightclub. If you’re into electronic dance music, then TIER is the place to be. Just a block or two from Lake Eola Park located in Downtown, this is 10,000 square feet of party space. Their resident and guest DJ’s bring the energy and the music. With 5 bars and a beautiful main dance floor, this is Orlando nightlife at its best. Head upstairs for more dance space and lounge areas including VIP booths. If you want to experience TIER completely, go there on the weekend around midnight.
- The Beacham. The Beacham theater has long been known as one of the best nightlife locations in downtown Orlando. They feature live bands as well as DJs who draw the crowd into this large venue. This nightclub is an old converted theater located on North Orange Avenue. The main room features a high-tech sound system and lighting and a stage that has seen such famous guests such as Paul Oakenfold, 50 Cent, and David Guetta play here. There are promos for drinks as well as themed events here every week, so be sure to check out their webpage to see who will be performing or any upcoming events too. And watch for Ladies night, Saturday nights and Barrio Sunday.
- Independent Bar. When it comes to downtown Orlando clubs, make sure to put Independent Bar at the top of your list. This spot has three floors to choose from, with the first two the main dance floors, while the third is for those who want a quieter place to lounge and enjoy a drink or two. This bar is known for its 80’s night, while there are other nights where you can listen to indie songs, 90’s tunes, and much more. 
- The Attic Orlando. For those who are looking for an exciting night head to the Attic Orlando which is the longest running EDM club in the city. You’ll find both local as well as international talents playing here which always draws a crowd. The Attic features the latest lighting and sound systems but couples that with an intimate setting and excellent service, which makes this club a stand out. The crowd here are among the most sophisticated enjoying remarkable bottle service Dress well and be prepared for a great time.
- The Groove at Universal CityWalk. While you’re in Universal CityWalk Orlando check out The Groove if you want to hang out and groove to some different dance music. The Groove is a multi-level dance club that features state-of-the-art lighting and sound systems, video screens, and a fog machine with an old-theater decor. While the DJs dishing out EDM (electronic dance music) check out their three rooms which are the flashy Blue Room, sexy Red Room, and the Retro Green Room. Although the drinks here are a bit pricey, the experience is worth the extra cash. 
- Wall Street Plaza. You should also check out Wall Street Plaza where, instead of your usual stockbrokers, Dow Jones, and investments, what you’ll get are professional bartenders, Dirty Bingo, and bar tabs from the seven bars that line the street. This place is where the heart of downtown nightlife is happening in the area, and although the bars here are each different from one another, they operate and cooperate with each other seamlessly. It’s no wonder why people love to hang out here where every night is a good night to drink, dance, and have fun.
- Hanson’s Shoe Repair. This was the first speakeasy in the city of Orlando and is now aptly named since its original primary function was actually a shoe repair shop. You’ll find this bar on the third floor, which will require a password for you to enter. The large bar inside can accommodate up to 35 people. Craft and classic cocktails are available here, and it appears that Hanson’s is putting Orlando on the cocktail map of the world.
- Magnolia. The Bar Inside Market on Magnolia If you’re looking for a home-grown Orlando bar, this is as close as you can get. Magnolia offers over 75 craft beers and perfectly crafted cocktails using only the best ingredients. The best proof of his is their signature drink, which is the Magnolia. The décor here is carefully curated by the owner, which includes a freezer door that features a frozen Han Solo done by local artists. 
Fun and Free Nighttime Activities in Orlando
The nightlife in downtown Orlando is a must if you’re heading to this area, as their dozens of nightclubs and bars cater to every type of guest. And if you are taking the whole family with you, you should check out the other nightlife activities that are completely free and family-friendly. For sure, you’ll get in plenty of nighttime fun and excitement for everyone.